blog design

Monday, January 05, 2009

Day 1 Photo A Day (James Patterson)

So as much as I believe I march to my own drum.... I think I am going to do the new craze. The whole 365 a day picture thing. Tons of people are doing it. I am starting late, but better late than never, right? Not sure if my life is interesting enough to do a pic a day, but I will see how it goes. Not sure what I plan to do with the pics, but I think it may help me to get back into a creative groove. I could do mini layouts or a mini book or use the exercise to become reaccquainted with my camera.

So here's the story. I love reading and have read all the books (15 or so) in the Alex Cross series by James Patterson. This one just came out and I had to wait a month and a half for the library copy. Hence the large print version (shortest wait). I get myself all set up to read on the tv tray and plump my pillows behind my back. I say a quick prayer of thanks to God for simple pleasures like this in life and the pleasure of relaxing quietly and boom, my tray leg breaks spewing soda all over the table, floor and sofa. What a mess. Someone up there or down below has a sense of humor :-)

(not the best photography, but it gets the point across. if I choose to scrap it, I will fix it up and make it look pretty in photoshop.)




p.s I finished this book the same day. It was a good read and a page turner as always. A bit different than his other novels b/c it really focused on the pain endured in some African nations due to human greed. I was deeply affected.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I will have to add this to my already extensive list! LOL