blog design

Thursday, May 01, 2008

My husband is a pretty cool dude and other life happenings....

1) I told Rob I wanted some cupcakes with pink frosting for about three days straight. But I was way too lazy to make them. So he goes to Jillys Cupcake Bar and buys me one with two shades of pink frosting and the other one is carrot cake. They are huge about the size of your palm and super tasty.

2) I have a phone interview with one of the jobs I applied for today. Pray and wish the best for me. I applied for one yesterday that I think would be an amazing fit. I have also kinda narrowed down what I want to do. I want to work for a non-profit or some type of educational facility. I want to feel as though my job is helping others and not just a place I go to everyday.

3) Went to a great workshop this past Saturday at church (FCCF) about finding your talents and using them for God's work. I learned so much about myself. It was amazing. Then on Sunday they had a committee fair and all the volunteer opportunities were on display around the church. I signed up to help the communications committee, to create the bulletin boards for the missionary outreach group and I volunteered to help coordinate all of the event planning for workshops held at the church. I am excited about these opportunities. They use my gifts of organization, planning, and creativity.

4) I got a hair cut, which was quite the ordeal. I had about three inches of hair cut off and then layered. I think it's cute. Will post a pic when I get a chance.

5) I have lost almost 20 pounds so far on Weight Watchers :-) That feels good as well.

4 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

YAY YOU!!! From the cupcakes (sweet hubby), to the job opportunity, to the cute haircut to the weight loss. I wanna be like you when I grow up :-).

Brown English Muffin said...

Wow 20lbs! That's excellent...I keep starting and stopping it's ridiculous and then I wonder why I'm not loosing anything!!! Go figure!

renee said...

Hi Keianna:

Glad to see you are doing well. Hope you were successful in the interview.

Angela said...

Your cupcake looks so good... I bet it was better in person. Thank God for loving husbands. SMILE Many Blessing with your job endeavers.