blog design

Saturday, April 19, 2008

200 year occurence

Yesterday we had a cool experience. Living in the midwest, you don't expect to feel or experience an earthquake, but that is what happened. It was around 4:30 am and it woke me up because I heard the glass shower doors moving and for some reason I thought burgler. But then I realized that the bed was shaking also. I woke Rob up and asked if the wind could be that high or did he think it was an earthquake. It didn't last that long, but it was definitely felt. While at work, we experienced after shocks and my computer monitor and desk shook a couple of times. I am glad that there was little to no damage done in this area. Now I can say I have experienced an earthquake (Missouri), flooding rains (Texas) and a hurricane (Florida). And yes, I have moved around a lot in my adult years :-)

No comments: