blog design

Friday, September 22, 2006

Unexpectedly

Here is my LO for the final round of the scrap challenge. The challenge was to use the theme UNEX- PECTED. Very broad, but I think I did something very personal and real. I like it. Here is the journaling:
I grew up the oldest of four children. Because my mom was a single parent, I helped her raise my siblings.
My mom ran a home daycare center for many years, and I never had a problem helping her when I got home.
I work with 150 kids each year and I have coached cheerleading for the last three.
I have always wanted to enjoy the process of motherhood.
Yet, quite unexpectedly, I am not sure I want to travel that path anymore. I am not sure why or when it happened, but I have felt this way for a while now. I feel so conflicted. I love my husband passionately, and some days I think having a child is the greatest way to show and solidify our love. Other days I worry about the evils of the world and my ability to raise and keep a child safe. Raising a child is such a huge responsibility and I am not sure I can or want to handle that responsibility. However, I love my husband and realize that we have so much to offer a child, that somedays I say to myself, "you can do this."
Who knows…I could unexpectedly change my mind again.

Oh yeah, I won an online Bingo game at personalscrapper.com I am hoping this winning streak continues with the contest above :-)

No comments: