blog design

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This and That

I ran around the track with the girls today or rather I ran half and walked 2. Boy am I tired. They are such girly girls b/c they complained the whole time, but I luv them anyway. I am definately looking forward to a three day weekend next week.

My birthday is also coming up. I am not sure how 27 is supposed to feel, but I don't feel it. Sometimes I look at my husband, the house we built, the career I am building, the degrees I have and to be honest sometimes I still feel like a little girl. Sometimes I still feel like I am playing house and playing grown up. I don't have any kids yet and when I look at my age I feel like maybe I should. With the schedule we are on, I won't have kids til I am 30. That seems so old, but to be honest it really isn't. I remember when I thought 26 was ancient, and now I am about to cross over. Scary :-)

My friend Jen is coming to visit next week, can't wait to see her. She is definately a great person.

Also, I am rededicating myself to my sorority at the annual fall retreat the second week of September. So excited about that. DST completes me :-) Had to wait until I could become financial again. My husband and I paid for 2/3rds of my grad classes out of pocket. I felt bad using money for something else, especially since I was feeding my scrap addiction as well :-) Now my cheerleading pay pays for my scrap supplies, so I don't feel so bad now.

My mom's birthday was yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMIE, I LOVE YOU :-) She is the greatest person I know. Love her to death because she loves and supports me no matter what. That really is the only thing you ever need from your mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you have a lot going on girl, whew. that is what I need somethng to buy my scrapping supply bill, have a great day

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to your mom! I thought 25 was old....I will be 29 this year! YIKES!

Jocelyn said...

27 isn't old at all! you seem like you are a very well rounded person with A LOT going on! happy Birthday to your mom!

Sonia said...

Ahhh, 27 you're just a wee babe (lol). I just found your blog. I looked thru your old postings, but couldn't figure out....what do you teach? I think it's highschool, some sort of Math? Back to the age thing: once you get past the whole "omg, I'm not 19 anymore...I'm aging" life is so much better. You learn that you are becoming wiser and more patient...which is always a good thing. happy birthday.

Veroncia Butler said...

Girl you better quit that talk about 27 being old. Life begins at 30. Trust me. As far as kids go, I had Ava at 35. Didn't know it at the time, but waiting on motherhood was the best thing I could have done. I was so ready for her. Keep on enjoying yourself and living in this moment.

Maggie Lamarre said...

Happy Birthday!
I will never go see snakes I have a deep fear of them, since I live in Florida and there's a 5 acre behind my house and see them every day.
Hence the reason I'm moving to a subdivision.
My DD is in 3 advanced classes which I think is too much 1 or 2 is ok.
What classes do u teach?
Have a great weekend,
Maggie