blog design

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Movies and Work

Okay, I will admit it... I went to see Snakes on a Plane last night :-) I forced Rob to go and he only gave in after I said I would buy him an ice cream if it was a bad movie, and he would buy me a scrapbooking product if it was okay. The verdict......... I have some new colored rhinestones for use on my layouts :-) lol The movie actually wasn't that bad. There were parts where you thought it would turn bad i.e. Jeepers Creepers or Cabin Fever style, but it didn't get to weird. The title is worse than the movie.

I have been grading papers and planning lessons this weekend. Oh to be back at work. Want a funny story? A young lady with a very bad attitude said my advanced class wasn't hard at all. Please keep in mind that it was only the second class. I could barely hold in the laughter and disbelief. My advanced class is very challenging. So challenging in fact, a boy last year told me it was a burning inferno of pressure :-0 Kids talk about my class at bandcamp and some have considered dropping it before they actually got in it. Now I am not really a hard teacher, but I will admit to challenging the kids and pushing them to discover their max potential. So this years advanced class is in for a surprise. I am going to kick it up THREE notches this week and then back off a little. I don't want to scare them too much because of this young ladies ill timed comment, but I must maintain my reputation :-)

Have a great week everyone

6 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

I've been hearing mixed opinions about that movie but, your review makes me want to see it. Maybe I should try that same bet with my hubby? hmmmm
That is so funny...remember what it was like being that age? Totally thought I knew it all...hee hee. Go get 'em Teacher!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to see snakes on a plane because, I don't do snakes, but I'm glad it was good and you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

Gonna pass on that movie.....lol

Jess Stevens said...

You are too funny, challenge those kids, that's awesome!

Veroncia Butler said...

I don't want to see no MF movies about MF snakes...LOL I just couldn't resist putting my spin on Samuel Jackson's line in the movie. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I have no interest in seeing Snakes On A Plane...there is nothing I fear more than snakes and I know that I cannot sit through 2 hours of snakes. lol