blog design

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This and That

I've been very busy. So I graduated on Sunday. It was a nice and short ceremony. I looked extra cute in my ensemble. I really liked the prestige I felt when putting on the robes. I felt like I had done something :-) That was until I saw the robes of the people with PHDs. They were bright colors with all kinds of stripes and symbols. I told my family I had to get one of those. So maybe just maybe I will look into my PHD at the end of this year. Need to let my brain rest. Glad my mom, sisters, step dad and husband were there. I have some pics, but I haven't uploaded so I will post later.

Started work on Tuesday. Boy it was a struggle to get up. I did feel the opening speech by the principal was inspiring and clearly let us know what direction she wanted us to take this new school year. I spent a little bit of time setting up my classroom, had lunch with a good co-worker, went to more meetings and started realizing that this was going to be a busy year. I am optimistic that it will be a positive experience and that I will grow in some way this year as well. Each year I set 2-3 goals for myself as a teacher. Last year my goals were to improve my teaching of grammar and writing and to improve my grading system. I felt I made great strides last year. So far I have decided that my two goals will be to differientiate instruction (tailor lessons to individual stduents) and to create an even more positive classroom environment. I have good relationships with my students and write less than 5 referrels a year (some people do that in a 2 week time span), but I do realize I have a sarcastic streak and a very strong personality and I want to work on tempering it. It can only make my classroom better than what it already is.

I can't wait to get my hands on some of the Daisy D's School Days paper to scrap my beginning of the year photos. That line is yummy.

Went to see Miami Vice Tuesday night. It was a good movie. Lots of action if that's your thing. But beware, there are some pretty steamy sex scenes as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on graduating!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Jess Stevens said...

I love the goals you have set for this year. My DH is a teacher as well & he is always working on improving his teaching skills.
Can't wait to see some of your grad pics.

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

My Mom taught for 34 years, so I know how busy and exciting the beginning of the school year can be for teachers. Great that you make goals for yourself each year. Congratulations on your graduation! I can't wait to see your pics.


Rolana