blog design

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Train

So I decided to visit my mom this weekend, since Rob went on a boys only retreat to visit his best friend. I took the train b/c I didn't want to drive. The train was 30 min. late. A little annoying, but the ride was pleasant, so I let it go. Coming back, was an entirely different story. The train left almost an hour late and there was no organization in the line up and boarding process. While on the train, we hit a man on a bike. Thank God there wasn't a fatality. This set us back for another 30 min. We continue on and then the train stops for 15 min. to let a freight train with a hundred cars pass us on the track. I was uspposed to arrive at 9:50 and didn't actually get there until 11:50 p.m. Then we had to do the 2o min. drive home. I was totally aggravated, plus I felt bad for Rob who had to get up for work the next morning.

On a different note. I was able to pick up my marriage license while at home, so now I can officially change my name over on important documents. Yes, I have been married for 2 1/2 years, that will be the subject for my next post and LO I think b/c not everybody understands why and they look at me weird when they find out I waited so long.

I enjoyed the visit. Saw my family and my sister was there with my neice and newphew from TX. Family is definately important and forging bonds is most important of all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A visit home/with family is always wonderful even if it was a little shakey getting there and returning home. All is well.

Francine said...

Don't feel bad, I don't plan on changing my name (though tell that to French administration! They assume I am, so I get mail with my husband's name). It's too much of a hassle to change all my docs, in all the different countries I lived in lol