blog design

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Powerful Thoughts

Steve Jobs : Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

***I always wanted to be a writer, but decided against it when I went to college b/c I wanted a stable job b/c I feared living paycheck to paycheck more than anything in my life. I became a teacher b/c I live and love literature and thought nothing could be better than sharing this passion with others. I wonder where I would be if I had been brave enough to create my own literature. I find myself in a similar position now b/c I want to do something creative in nature, and yet I am too afraid to leave my stable job to step into a realm I know nothing of. I know my husband would try to support whatever my dream may be, but I am not sure I have the courage to stop and pursue it. A friend asked if she should drop her career and go back to school for 4 years to do something else. I told her she needed to really think about it b/c that would be a huge change to her present lifestyle. Maybe I should tell her to have courage and follow her inner voice even if that does mean a change.

Dr. Leo Buscaglia: Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife. The first question was, 'Did you bring joy?' The second was, 'Did you find joy?

***I have to think a little more on this. I hope I have brought joy, and there are some days in my life where I feel like I have so much joy that I can't handle it anymore. My wedding day, looking at my sister' first child, the look of pride in my mom's eyes when I accomplish a goal, and the look in my husband's eyes when it's just the two of us in a quiet moment. Find your joy in the smallest things. Sometimes watching the sun set brings tears to my eyes b/c it is a sign that God is always creating.

If you are a scrapper, I challenge you to do a LO based on one of these topics. If you are not a scrapper, I challenge you to journal about it, or to have a conversation with someone about the quotes. They truly left a strong impression on me. Love you all :-)

No comments: