blog design

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Idea of Love



If you are not into mushy posts, run far far away :-) If you are into romance, than this is the spot for you (I am sure you will like this Keke). So I love my husband. Why you may ask. Because he loves me and understands my needs and understands what I need to be happy. For example, he is playing hooky tomorrow, so we can eat breakfast at this nice cafe, and then we plan to go to the Botanical Gardens and maybe eat lunch outside in the park. The actions themselves are sweet enough, but he realizes that I love being outside, I love parks and museums, and sometimes I get lonely in the middle of the day since I am home on summer break. We haven't been married long, but he is what I prayed for and I can't imagine not wanting to be with him.

In my opinion, love is quiet, steady, understanding, supportive, interesting and full of compassion. Marriage isn't problem free, but it is about loving each other and respecting each other enough to work on the problems so you don't repeat them. So I love my husband because we talk about real stuff and manage to respect each other everyday.

On a similar note: I added a new link to the sidebar (your happiness) I found this while reading another person's blog. Each day Ali posts a positive statement and asks people to write their positive thought or experience for that day. It is truly a pick me up to read about the joys of others lives. It brings peace to your life and encourages you to focus on the good stuff as well. More happy thoughts can't be a bad thing in this world. So what's your piece of happiness today??? Obviously mine is my husband :-)

3 comments:

Wanda E. Santiago said...

Happy is very good!! I have been at it for 33 years I love my hubby he makes me happy!! Hugs Wanda

Francine said...

wonderful! :)

Keianna said...

Tiff, we had fish and macaroni last night, but Rob cheated. He went to the grocery store. So I guess the challenge only lasted 4 days. I made roast and potatoes w/ veggies.