blog design

Friday, June 16, 2006

Failure and I Aren't Friends


I am one of those people who believe the motto: Failure is NOT an option. I have lived my life in a relatively successful manner. Most things I have desired I have achieved, aside from the ability to lose weight. Anyhoo, I have been submitting Layouts (LO's) to scrapbooking magazines for a few months now, with no success. I know 3-4 months isn't really alot in the grand scheme of things considering some people have been doing it for years, but I am so used to success, that failure in this arena is an odd thing for me. So yesterday, I took a good hard look at my LO's in search of design flaws and repeated patterns. I learned quite a bit. So I challenged myself to step outside my box and experiment with different design principles. It was a bit scary and a bit relieving to know that I wasn't boxed in and I can still refine my skill. Back to the drawing board people. My goal is to be published in a mag by the end of the year. Here's to hoping success decides to continue walking with me.

2 comments:

Trina said...

I know how you feel... I was submitting a few months ago and got a bit down on myself. But I have to remember that I scrap for myself... not for anyone's approval... So if the mags like me they do, if they don't they don't. I think your stuff is awesome!!!

Colleen said...

love this LO!!!!