blog design

Monday, June 12, 2006

Happy Monday

Today I start my final two classes for my master's program. I am very excited to accomplish this goal. Unfortunately, I just don't feel like going today, and I surely don't feel like shelling out the $300 for books. Intellectual property is important, but does it have to cost so darn much. I just hope the classes are good. I love learning and discussing, which is probably why I love teaching.

Also, I will come clean and admit that I am a Matlock fan. Go ahead and laugh. One of my guilty pleasures is watching old episodes when I am on summer vacation or off from work. The last two weeks they have been showing episodes that I remember vividly, so imagine how upset I was to find that the day I start summer classes, they decide to show three episodes I don't remember and now I won't be home to watch them. Bummer...

Hope my hubby is cooking something good for dinner tonight since I won't be home to do it. We have decided to do a challenge at home called cook your stash (a spin off of a scrap challenge to scrap using what you have). We think we need to eat out and we think we need to buy more groceries, but the truth is that we have stuff in there we just need to use.

What are your fave quick and easy dishes???

6 comments:

Bernadette Merikle said...

Welcome to the blog world chica! What is your master's degree in? Be sure to check out my site! I'ma have to add you to my list of folks to check out.

Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!!! And congrats on only two classes left!!!!! As far as meals go-I just tried this from one of my best friends-brown some ground turkey or beef, add can of tomatoes, can of corn (with the water) and simmer. Add whatever spices and whatever else for that matter. Then break off top ramen noodles into it-the water from the corn and tomatoes cooks it good-you can use that spice packet to if you want-Instant meal!!!! Leftovers can be used in pasta sauce, ect.

Veroncia Butler said...

Hey K. Glad to see you here. Your site is looking good.

Anonymous said...

Hi....blog looks great, I will stop by often, love the hair cut!

Anonymous said...

Eat out and buy more groceries, hmmm...so what's the problem? ;) Having a good laugh over here about the Matlock thing :) ....OK, I admit it, I was an addict (Matlock and Perry Mason) when I was preggo with baby #1 and had to be on bed rest.

Monica said...

fave dinners: cubed cooked chicken, cooked macaroni noodles, veggies and cream of chicken soup. add some cheese if ya like :D