blog design

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Absent but not Lazy :-)

Geez, where have I been. Well my life is going along as usual. I guess I just haven't been blogging, but I have been creative. I have even tried out some new art. I decided the other day that i would like to learn jewelry making, so i went to Michaels with a gift card and bought a book and a starter kit. It is much easier than I thought. I am very proud of my first creations. They only took me a couple of hours. I was so excited that I went to Michaels the very next day and bought some more items, so I could try something a little more complicated. I am sad to report that this new hobby is as expensive as scrapbooking :-) (CLICK ON THE PIC FOR A CLOSE-UP)













I also decided to try my hand at some canvas art. I took the one word for the year idea from Ali Edwards. Mine this year is CELEBRATE LIFE. I journaled on the photo what that meant to me. This is not the best pic, but it is what I have taken so far. It was a lot of fun playing with the paint and a lot more intimadating than a 12x12 page. I have another blank canvas and I am toying around with what to do with it. (CLICK ON THE PIC FOR A CLOSE-UP)
















I have also been busy scrapbooking as well. It was the first time in months. Decided do do some angles, which I never do. I like things in balance. One is a pic from new years and the other is a collage of photos from like the last three years of me and Rob.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad to see you posting girl! Loving the necklace and your pages!

Kim said...

Glad to see you back. Hope all is well. How is the house thing going?

You have been busy. Love all the crafty stuff. Take care.

Brown English Muffin said...

nice jewelery..and thanks for warning me that it's just as expensive as scrapbooking...I'll live vicariously through you instead!! LOL

Dawn Bibbs said...

HEY!!! Welcome back! I've been checking in on you daily. And imagine my surprise when I saw you'd returned. Glad all is well.

LOVE your jewelry. You've done a great job. I too have tried the jewelry making. And let's put it this way...scrapbooking is the hobby of choice :-). Making jewelry? Me no can do!

Speaking of scrapbooking, the LO's look great.

Again, welcome back. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Veroncia Butler said...

Glad to see you back. Big ups to the pages and the jewlery. Beautiful!