blog design

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Some Pics from Italy and Monacco

I know these are hecka late, but hey better late than never. These are a few of the pics we took in Florence, Ovieto and Pisa. I still have Rome, the Isle of Capri and Pompeii to post. I do believe that we saw some of the most beautiful churches in Italy. I am not Catholic, so they did tend to blend after a while, but the architecture was breathtaking. The leaning tower of Pisa was amazing. They knew it was leaning after the third level, but decided to keep going anyway :-) Men!!! We missed the changing of the guard in Monacco, so I have shots of the scenery, which was gorgeous and tranquil. I also think that Italy is more picturesque than France. We visited a winery here (not like I imagined, it was really a wine shop that offered tastings), one of the oldest churches in the world, saw the David and other pieces of sculpture. Rob and I had a very personal tour of Florence as we walked the entire town looking for the home of Michaelangelo. We never found it, but we did walk the non tourist route and got to see how the regular people live and work. It was kinda cool. We did get a little nervous as we saw less English and heard more Italian :-) Florence also had the best Italian food we tasted on the entire trip. The amount of street vendors in Italy is amazing. I have never seen so many knock offs in my life. The funny thing is that the kids thought the items were real. Umm, lets think a purse that's normally $350 for $45, yeah not real :-) We also visited Assisi were they were setting up so that the pope could give mass there. It was way cool when we actually saw the mass on tv and could say that we had walke dthose same steps and touched those same statues. They had some amazing tapestries in that church and the whole town is on like an upward hill with cobble streets. My legs ached as we made the journey, but I must admit it was gorgeous from the top as we looked down.

7 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh my goodness...those pictures are breathtaking!!! Thank you so much for sharing them And you're quite the narrator :-).

Adrienne said...

BEAUTIFUL PICS! TFS!

Jada said...

Wonderful photos!!

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

beautiful girl. tfs!

-stephanie

Anonymous said...

Breath taking photos!!! SHare more

Brown English Muffin said...

The pictures are beautiful!!! Question is that you in the second pic or someone else...you look totally different than your blog pic.

Trina said...

what great photos! looks like a wonderful trip!