blog design

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

50mm Lens

I was convinced to buy it by the lovely ladies at Willow Traders. I had read about it before, but seeing their pics convinced me. It works fantastic in low light situations. The fruit platter pic I took hand held by candlelight. I also love the perspective it gives on the cookie photo. It will take some time to get used to it. It has no zoom other than my legs :-) and it is a bit tricky to get it to focus on the right spot. Overall it is a good portrait lens and provides sharp details in well lit situations. Not sorry I bought it at all. B&H photo has them at a good price if you are interested.

Funny thing about this hobby is that it causes you to evolve. I became interested in photography through a desire to improve my pics for scrapbooking. Now I truly enjoy it as a hobby unto itself.

2 comments:

ahiltz said...

Great shots! I esp. LOVE the candlelight one...looks good enough to eat...like I can reach in there and grab a glass and some snacks! I am with you too re: Photography becoming a whole new hobby in itself! Who knew? Right! LOL!

Anita

Anonymous said...

I love my 50mm. It does take a minute to get used to, but the results are well worth it. Love your shots.