blog design

Thursday, November 09, 2006

It has been a busy week. Grades were due Wednesday in the computer and of course I was totally behind on my grading. For two and a half days all I did was grade. Fortunately I got it all done.

Congratulations to my hubby on his promotion and big pay raise. To celebrate we went to a steak house and had steak, lobster, and desert pear margaritas. Oh it was so GOOD. I am really happy and proud of him. His job has five levels and he has made level three in only five years. So proud of him and his talent and intelligence. You have to love an intelligent man :-)

We made plans for our anniversary. We are going on a two hour drive to wine country and staying at a B&B. We booked a limo to drive us to two of the wineries down there. I can not wait until the first weekend of December. I hope the room has a roaring fire place and a whirlpool. What could be more romantic? Someone asked if it has been a long or short three years and the answer is SHORT. Time is flying by, which I think is a good thing.

I haven't scrapped in almost a week and a half. I ran out of good pics and I am at a loss of what to scrap. This is the one time I wish I had kids :-) Hopefully I can get some good holiday pics this year.

I have felt lazy lately, like I wasn't utilizing my time well. The book I am reading has inspired me to be more productive with the moments of my day. So I started this new concept. I wrote down five areas of my life I wish I was more productive with (health, home, self, husband, work) . Each morning in my planner I write down one thing I will do to be productive or proactive in that area. Each night I cross off my list. It has been working well so far this week. I have done a lot and feel good at the end of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your anniversary trip and congrats on 3 years. If you really want to borrow some kids, I have a couple I can loan you. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your hubby on the raise. Nice that you planned your anniversary celebration too.

WHAT???? nothing to scrap...do the thirty photos a day thing, or do a cultural explicit page that I can showcase on my blog! A black families thanksgiving day food vs. the pilgrims:)