blog design

Friday, September 08, 2006

Extended Birthday Celebration (or me just dodging work)

We had a blast today. We both played hooky again. However, I felt really bad about it and Rob was non-chalant. I definately needed a mental break though. We got up this morning and went and ate breakfast at the Waffle House, no we didn't have waffles :-) They do have the best hash browns around. We drove out to another park area about 40 min. from the house. Rob is so good to me. He carried my bag, helped me set up my tripod, and even read stuff to me from the manual. There is nothing better than having a husband that supports your dreams. The assignment in the photography course was to understand white balance and its effects on your photo. It really does make a big difference. I also experimented with shutter speed. Here are some of the shots from today. Please remember they are straight out of the camera and I haven't played with them in Adobe photoshop. Some need to be lightened and sharpened, but overall I like them and feel that they are getting better. I am learning from the photography course. I can't wait for next weeks lesson. Rob and I left this park and went to another one in a trendy part of town. We brought slices of my uneaten birthday cake and he sang his version of happy birthday. We played cards, listened to music, and just talked as we sat on a blanket underneath a gazebo. We left there and had a nice dinner outside at a new restaurant. Such a fabulous day. Unfortunately, it is back to the real world on Monday. Yes, I will be going to work :-)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy the classes are working out for you, and your dh is willing to be your subject, wow, that is great

Francine said...

Happy extended birthday! lol

Carrie Postma said...

WOW...these are gorgeous pictures! glad you had such a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the pictures. What lens are you using?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos Keianna! You are doing a great job!!

Erica