blog design

Monday, August 14, 2006

Tidbits

The first day of school was today and boy am I tired. I have to retrain my feet to take standing up for hours at a time. I made cards for some of my closest co-workers and they enjoyed them. It makes me feel good. Will post pics later. The kids seem pretty good and I am excited to try some different strategies in my classroom. Cheerleading starts tomorrow after school and I look forward to helping this new squad grow and improve. The best part of the day was having my kids from previous years come back to visit and tell me about their summer. It is so much fun watching them grow and mature. The first classes I taught are graduating this year and I can't believe it. They are getting older and yes they actually do mature :-)

Rob and I both agreed to support each other with our healthy eating so we went grocery shopping this weekend and bought healthy foods. We even made meal plans for the next two weeks. Definately hope we see some positive rewards. I made meatloaf from scratch yesterday and it was light and tasty. If you use 98% lean ground beef, even meatloaf can be okay :-) However, the margaritas and fajitas are calling my name today :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, I am happy your first day back was great, I guess the best reward of being a teacher is the positive change in your students, it make it worth it, even with all the tired feet right? Okay take care and good going on the healty eating.

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I'm glad you made it through you first day of school. I remember my Mom saying that the first day is always a killer when she taught school. It's wonderful that you and your DH are helping each other eat healthier.


Rolana

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you had a great day! I LOVE a good margarita! LOL tee hee

Jocelyn said...

How rewarding it must be to be a teacher and have students come back to talk to you about their summer! Its great that you and your hubby can support each other with healthy eating!