blog design

Monday, July 31, 2006

MIA

Can't believe I haven't Blogged since Thursday. Geez, that's pitiful. I have been kinda busy though. I have had to buckle down these last few days to finish the work for my two master courses. I will wrap up my last project tomorrow and be a free woman :-) It is sorta bittersweet though. For the last two years I have spent every week in a class (year round) because I wanted to get it done and not procrastinate or stretch it out. Now what will I do with my time? Of course I signed up to coach cheerleading again. My girls called me and begged me to come back. Since I was finishing up my degree, I obliged because I really missed them. In fact, they are the reason I started scrapping in the first place. At the end of my last season they presented me with a scrapbook they made documenting the entire year. I had no idea and really wanted to tear up. I had no concept of scrapbooking at that point. The power of photos and written memories combined is powerful. Here I am a year later with a scraproom, thousands of dollars in products, three mag subscriptions, an internet addiction, Adobe Photoshop, and in the process of buying a thousand dollar camera. Oh my goodness, think of all the money I could have saved if they hadn't. But I wouldn't have this creative outlet, online friends, or found my true passion. Gotta LOVE the kids :-)

I saw Elsie's book in Archivers for the first time and I will definately be buying it with my 25% off coupon. I heard it was good, but was hesitant because I am not really a freestyle artist. However, this book has various LO's, an easy format, and great challenges.

BEWARE: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION

For my family and friends: some of you have been wondering what to get me as a graduation gift. I have decided to improve my photography skills and would appreciate donations to my camera fund :-) :-) :-) That Cannon Digi Rebel isn't paying for itself and I am not cheap normally, but dang lenses are expensive. Also, my birthday is in September, so combo gifts are accepted :-) I am doing what I can to make it easy on you :-)... Just Kidding...unless you were going to do it :-)Love you guys :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with the Digital Rebel!! I love mine! Scrapping is definitely a great addiction!

Erica

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! Girl great post! You will love your camera!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your camera!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I hope you get the Rebel!!! You will love it and it would make a GREAT grad/birthday gift!!! :)

Karen said...

Hope you get your camera!!! I can't wait to see Elsie's book too. It's not my style either but I hear it's a fun book so I must have it!!