blog design

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 72 Pic of the Day (Weekend Warriors Pt.1)

This is perhaps the proudest day in our homeownership experience. Rob and I took out our old countertops, sink, and island to make way for the granite countertops we ordered. It took us a couple of hours, we swore a bit, put a small gash in the wall, read the internet, watched informational videos, and finally completed the job with no tears and no blood drawn. All in all, I say it was a very successful experience. We aren't the handiest people in the world. Rob's motto is that he works with his brains, so he doesn't have to use his hands. Well today my baby used both. I was also in the thick of it and discovered that I have good common sense and a knack for home improvement projects. Tomorrow we install the sink, drains, garbage disposal and new faucets.

No comments: