blog design

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 20 Photo A Day (Historical Love)

The historical significance of the day is obvious. What I wish to point out is the look of love and adoration on her face. It fills my heart up so much to see real love. Not all marriages are unhappy and I think we buy into the fact that they are and somehow make our own more difficult in the process. I say no. I genuinely love my husband and am happy to be with him. It's nice to see that same look on someone else's face as well. I cried when they walked out together the night he won. She looked at him and embraced him. I thought this is the image so many youths need to see. Positive, Black, Proud and In Love...

1 comment:

Veroncia Butler said...

Amen to that. It gives me hope that if marriage is something God has planned for me, it will be just as real as it appears for the Obamas and all the other couples I have seen in my life.