blog design

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year

New Years was really nice. It was the first time I actually went out to a formal VIP type party. Free food, drinks and music. My friend's husband plays in a band, so we got free tickets in exchange for me taking a couple of pics. I will try to post a few once I clean them up a bit. We got a room at a downtown hotel and shared breakfast the next morning. Not a bad way to start the new year. Went back to work today and had a decent experience. I brainstormed some active changes to help me meet the goal of rediscovering my passion for my job. I am prayerful that they will lead to a positive year.

At the party, a professional photographer gave me some advice on how to use my Cannon Speedlight. It was a simple correction that made a big difference. It made me realize that online classes are good, but that maybe I need some one on one tutoring. Any suggestions on how to find someone who does one on one lessons. Or how much something like that can go for.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year! Check out some of your local photography stores....someone in there normally knows of someone.

Kim said...

I wish I knew, I need help usiing my speedlight too.

Glad you had a good New Year's Eve.

Good luck at work. It's one of the things on my list too.