blog design

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Side Notes and Harry Potter

What can bring me out of blog hiding...my review of the Harry Potter movie of course. I am an avid fan. I read the books, analyze the plots and read HP message boards. I did not like the movie. My thoughts: "I was not pleased. I know you have to leave stuff out, I am fine with that, but I didn't like how they added material that wasn't there. I guess I become a purist when they add, but not when they leave out. Plus, I thought they left out some key info like Kreachers betrayal, Snape's role in OOTP, the locket in Sirius's home. My hubby doesn't read the books and he thought it was okay. " Maybe it was entertaining, but I was so disturbed that I was yelling that's not how it happened the whole movie and I was answering plot questions for my husband. I still say go see it and make your own choice, but this semi-purist wasn't pleased.

Side Note 1: only 11 more practices until Regional cheer competition and the girls are driving me insane. I haven't had one practice where everyone was in attendance and the stunts aren't hitting. Say a prayer for them.

Side Note 2: went to a sorority sister/good friend wedding reception this weekend. It was held on the ISU campus and it was a wonderfully nostalgic feeling. I took photos of everything that had significance for me and plan to do a mini album with the pics. The reception was great, very classy and I got to see people I haven't seen since I graduated 5 years ago. That was the best.




Side Note 3: I think I haven't been blogging b/c I have stuff on my mind and it kinda blocks out the day to day okay stuff that happens. So maybe if I just say it, I can feel comfortable about blogging the everyday stuff again. On the 23rd, I find out if I have cervical cancer or not, which is kinda emotional. I am praying for the best and praying for strength to handle whatever situation God presents. Feeling like I have done things in my life that put me at a higher risk also is a little hard to deal with. So there. Plus, the business is growing, but not as quickly as I anticipated, hoped and prayed for. I am not failing, but I am used to experiencing success so quickly that this process is challenging to me. I have learned a lot, but I keep wondering if there is something else. Plus, my mojo is missing b/c everything is focusing on the business. I miss just playing with paper.

Anyhoo, that's me where I am today. Rob is taking me to an Erin Bode concert tonight. Oh my how I love her jazz music. Check her out if you don't know who she is :-) Luv ya !!!!




4 comments:

Jada said...

Praying for you!!!Take it easy and relax.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. With all that I have been going through, I completely understand. Email me if you need an ear or big shoulders.

Anonymous said...

Keianna, praying for the best, that things will work out okay for you.

Good Luck with your cheer squad, my dd was on a competition squad from 7th grade to Freshmen year in college.
Tena E.

Anonymous said...

girl, i am thinking of you, i am having some issues of that type too.

on the harry potter note, i like seeing the movies for the visuals. JK is really into how the movies are made, so i like to thingk the way the film looks has her approval. as far as stuff being left out. i know *sigh* it makes me want to dive into the stories again. book out on saturday. can't wait!!

-stephanie