blog design

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lifestyle Changes and Possibly a New Home

Rob and I have decided to make some lifestyle changes that will result in a healthier lifestyle. Not losing weight focused, but being healthier and feeling better about our bodies focused. So we decided to give up fried food except once a week and red meat except once a week. We have also decided to walk after dinner each night as well. I bought some small arm weights and I do arm excersises as we walk the subdivision, which takes nearly an hour. Feel good so far. I would be lying if I said I didn't expect the scale to go down, but we just felt like we weren't respecting our bodies and getting in enough physical activity. Not the case now. We have even increased our water consumption to the full 8 glasses a day. I will admit I am tired of waking up to use the restroom at night, but I fight on for the greater good.


Some other exciting news on the home front: we may be buying a new house. Sometimes you feel like God is blessing you and you want to be cautious, but you don't want to pass your blessing up as well. Rob and I had planned to move in another two years or so into a bigger house. Our house now is big I guess, but we wanted a bit more open space in each area and larger bedrooms. We have filled the house we live in now and we don't have kids yet. So we came across a newly built, never occupied home that the builders are trying to sell. The housing market has slowed a bit and the price of this home is rather high. Well they offerred the house at $55,000 less than the original price and offerred us 6 months no mortgage payments if we go through their financer. The house has everything we wanted, larger spaces, gourmet kitchen (double ovens, cook top) hardwood floors, larger bedrooms, a master suite with a sitting room, brick front, and an open floor plan. It is only 5 minutes from our current home and the neighboorhood is almost built. Our only true dislike is the yard. It has a hill of some sort, but we figure we can have it leveled a bit later on. We are going back to look at it today and maybe to write a contingency that we will buy if we sell our home. This is kinda exciting. Not looking forward to packing, cleaning, staging our home, or trying to sell, but this seems like a fabulous blessing. No way we could afford this house at regular price, it is almost $100,000 more than our current home. Defintiely feels like a blessing. So pray for us. We know if it is meant than God will allow a smooth passage for us as he had done when we built our first home almost 3 years ago.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Beautiful home! I hope it all goes well for you guys! And changing lifestyles is a good thing to do! It will pay off in the end!

Kim said...

Love the house. Good luck on everything.

Brown English Muffin said...

oh wow I love your old home or your current home I mean. I love the one above also the new home!!