blog design

Monday, March 05, 2007

My Week

Geez lets see where I should start...

Disclaimer: I have pics to post, but the dumb computer won't let me right now, so i will try again later when Rob gets home from class.

1) Last week I had my first photo shoot. MY friend wanted me to take a picture of her husband and his band for a tv promotion. I was way scared, but it was so low key. They just wnated a picture in front of the water fall at the mall :-) Well because I took the photo, he gave Rob and I tickets to come down to the tv station to watch them perform live. This was too cool. i had never been in a tv station before, let alone for a live taping. It was fun. They had interviews and two chefs cooking on the show as well. I think the show is called The Best of STL.

2) I debuted my March kit last week and I got a lot of positive response back and sold twice as many kits as I did in February :-) I sponsored the ladies over at Memories From Scraps and they did a fantastic job designing with the kit. Check them out!

3) Our romantic getaway was absolutely fabulous. We drove to southern Illinois and toured the wine country there. If you know me, you know I love wineries. The wine there was some of the best we have had. There are eight on the tour, but we only made it to five. Our fave was the peach port that was so smooth, you thought you were drinking fruit juice and not brandy. Each of the wineries were also hosting local artist and displaying their work, which meant a free reception at each place, so we snacked the whole day on good food as well.

4) The best part was the B&B we stayed at. It was a school house built in 1910. As a school teacher, I got a blast out of this. Our suite was an entire classroom. They even had the original blackboards up around the room. There were old school posters, maps, original drinking fountains, original wood floors and the original desks studnets used to use. It was amazing. the owner is a history buff, so he gave us a tour and explained all of the historical details. The gym is tsill there and is used for banquets and catering affairs. It was an awesome experience. The man also fixed us the most amazing breakfast. Bacon, smothered potatoes, pancakes, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, and juice. Total experience. My hubby is fantastic for planning this all for me. I was totally unaware of where we were going and what we were doing, but it was a fab experience. I am so very lucky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you march kit is really cute!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you all had a blast!

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

that B&B sounds so cool! wow. i like the cosmo cricket in your kit. cool

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

oops i mean crate paper